#Dúshlán2024 will take place from
January 30th - Febuary 1st.
January 30th - Febuary 1st.
What is #Dúshlán?
#Dúshlán is a competition aimed at second and third level students to encourage them to engage with Irish in a fun way. It gives students the opportunity to engage with Irish naturally, outside of the classroom and with their friends.
There are be 30 challenges to undertake within 50 hours. #Dúshlán2024 will be full of all sorts of challenges - some to be done at school and some at home.
There will be a different prize for the best secondary school team and the best university team!
How to take Part:
- You sign up as a team of three people.
- After registering, your team receives an email with your team number and more details about how to take part in the competition.
- The competition begins at 12:00 on the first day, when the list of challenges will be released to every team, on the Conradh na Gaeilge website and by email.
- All teams must send us evidence of every challenge they carry out with pictures, videos or recordings on WhatsApp. Each member of the team must have access to WhatsApp in order to take part in the competition.
- Each team must create a WhatsApp group with every member of the team and our number, +353 85 2416716 to send evidence to us. Participants will need to access TikTok, Instagram and WhatsApp accounts, therefore the competition is only open to students in Third Year or above.
What are the challenges?
Your team will have to carry out a number of different challenges over the duration of the event, some more difficult than others!
For example, students might challenged to:
- Change the Bio in their Social media accounts to Irish.
- Translate a verse from a well known song into Irish & sing it to someone.
- Find and name 5 places/buisnesses were an Irish Language service is available.
The winners will be the team that carries out every challenge within the 50 hour time limit. If more than one team manages to do this, first place winners will be chosen based on how creativity and quality. There are separate prizes for the best secondary school team and the best university team.
Every student who takes part in the competition will receive a certificate.
If you have any questions about the competition please contact us at
The winners of #Dúshlán23 were announced at 13:00 on Friday 24th February 2023 in a live stream from Conradh na Gaeilge's Instagram page @CnaGaeilge.
Here are the winners of #Dúshlán 2023:
1ú Ollscoil - Foireann 206, Nóisin ó Choláiste Mhuire gan Smál i Luimneach
1ú Meánscoil - Foireann 156, Na Gaelgals ó Loreto Beaufort
2ú - Foireann 004, Na Trí Mhuicín ó Choláiste Chroí Mhuire sa Spidéal i gContae na Gaillimhe
3ú - Foireann 152, Na Gael Ailigh ó Choláiste Ailigh i nDún na nGall
4ú - Foireann 068, SAC ó Oaklands Community College i gCill Dara
5ú - Foireann 181, An Tríonóid ó Choláiste Choilm i gCorcaigh
We would love to hear your feedback on the competition. There is a (students) feedback form here that will only take 2 minutes to fill out.
If you are a teacher, you can fill out this feedback form.