Here are a few hints from the lads that kickstarted the first Pop Up Gaeltacht in Dublin as to how to go about organising your own Irish-language event locally:
#PopUpGaeltacht is an open-source concept.
It belongs to everyone and to no-one. The following below is just advice.
1. Choose a bar that's popular, we want to be seen.
2. Welcome everyone with publicity materials in Irish only.
3. It's more enjoyable not reserving a specific area, we're part of the community, not set apart from it.
4. Don't organise any entertainment above and beyond anything that would normally go on in the bar.
5. Accept neither funding nor sponsorship.
6. Create an event on Facebook and share it with us (so that we can then share it with others).
We are here to help you with publicity and advice. We cannot, however, organise your Pop Up for you.
Bí ag labhairt linn.
Beir Bua agus dorn san aer dos na Gaeil!
You can use this high resolution logo to print off or as a basis from which to design your own sign to let everyone know where the Irish speakers are going to be gathering.
And then it's up, up and away with your own local Pop Up Gaeltacht...