Pilot Schemes for 2018
Thanks to funding from the Irish Embassy in Canberra, the Consulate General of Ireland in Edinburgh, and Conradh na Gaeilge i Londain, Cultúr Club pilot schemes took place in the following locations across Australia, New Zealand and the UK last year:
- Perth (14/10/2018)
- Sydney (20/10/2018)
- Melbourne (21/10/2018)
- Wellington (03/11/2018)
- Edinburgh (22/11/2018)
- Glasgow (24/11/2018)
- London (1/12/2018)
The director of the project was on-site to facilitate a general workshop on community-building and to provide the following:
- training workshops on the Cultúr Club curriculum
- guidance for potential facilitators of the local workshops
- networking for members of the Irish community
- consultation with Irish groups of all kinds, including language, culture, sports and more
- an outreach roadshow on the Irish language and culture for local schools
The presentation from the training workshop is available to download here.
We had over 116 people participate in our initial round of pilot schemes so a heartfelt thanks to everyone who came along to the training workshops or helped us arrange school visits and meetings with local community groups in 2018.
Would you like to host a pilot scheme in your area?
Ní neart go cur le chéile!