- 25 Nov: Belfast Gaelic Bus Tour
In conjuction with our history and heritage project 'Claochlu Cultúir agus an Conradh', we are organising a bus tour around Belfast. On the 7th of December, members of the community will get the opportunity to explore the city's Gaelic hi...
- 18 Nov: Raidió Rí-Rá all over the country!
The station is broadcasting on FM this week and two new studios have been opened in Cork and Galway
13th November 2019
Seán Kyne, TD, Minister for the Gaeltacht, today launched a special Raidió Rí-Rá FM broadcast in Dublin, Cork, Gal...
- 30 Oct: PEIG.ie to be launched welcoming in a new era for the Irish language online
This event is finished this year and the registration is closed.
PEIG.ie’s new website will be launched at Oireachtas na Samhna this year at 13:00 on Saturday the 2nd of November in the City West Suite in the City West Hotel. This ...
- 30 Oct: Céard é an Scéal 2019
What’s the Story? Céard é an Scéal?
Public support for the Irish language is undeniable: new research published by Conradh na Gaeilge
The full report can be found at this link..
Nearly two thirds of those surveyed in the south agree that...
- 15 Oct: Comhrá ‘19 has started in New Zealand
An Irish language conversation that will travel over 50,000 km
Conradh na Gaeilge is delighted that hundreds of people will take part in Comhrá ‘19 from 15-17 October this year. Conradh na Gaeilge are hoping to host a live Irish language c...
- 10 Oct: Release: Conradh na Gaeilge welcomes warmly the restoration of the Gaeltacht grant for students on State-funded Initial Teacher Education programmes.
Better late than never
Conradh na Gaeilge welcomes warmly the restoration of the Gaeltacht grant for students on State-funded Initial Teacher Education programmes.
Conradh na Gaeilge has welcomed the announcement by the Minister for Educa...
- 08 Oct: Evident that neither the Irish language or the Gaeltacht were a priority again in the Government's 2020 Budget
The Government still has the opportunity to provide fairness in the revised estimates before Christmas
Conradh na Gaeilge is calling on the Irish Government to provide fairness for the Irish language and the Gaeltacht and to give a satisfa...
- 02 Oct: Release: 'Save Coláiste Lú' at Dáil Éireann TODAY!
Save Coláiste Lú NOW Minister McHugh
You are the last hope for them
Conradh na Gaeilge will stand with the students and parents of Coláiste Lú today, Wednesday, at 12.00 outside Dáil Éireann when they call on the Minister for Education, J...
- 30 Sep: Irish in our education system - it's broken, let's fix it!
30 September 2019
Over 60% surveyed agree that reform is required
A new campaign called #Gaeilge4All has been launched today, Monday, 30th of September, to strengthen and defend the Irish language in our education system ...
- 27 Sep: Press Statement: #SEAS19
20 September 2019
Conradh na Gaeilge to lobby TDs and Senators for Irish language funding
Conradh na Gaeilge is calling on Minister for Finance Paschal Donohoe to allocate €5 million in funding to the Irish Language and Gaeltacht Investme...
- 27 Sep: Press Statement: ‘Save Coláiste Lú’
20 September 2019
‘Immediate and satisfactory resolution needed to secure Irish-medium provision for students of Coláiste Lú’
Parents and students of ‘Save Coláiste Lú’ campaign take to the streets of Dundalk this weekend to celebrate Iri...
- 04 Sep: Conradh na Gaeilge warmly welcomes the 5 new Gaelscoileanna announced by Minister McHugh
Conradh na Gaeilge also welcome the principle that if there is a new school to be established in a school district without Irish medium primary education, it should be a Gaelscoil
Conradh na Gaeilge warmly welcomes the announcement of five...
- 23 Aug: Gluaiseacht – Development of the Conradh na Gaeilge Roadshow announced by Minister of State Seán Kyne
The Minister of State for the Irish Language, the Gaeltacht and the Islands Seán Kyne T.D., has today announced the approval of a grant of €80,000 for 2019 and €100,000 for 2020 to Conradh na Gaeilge in order to assist with their efforts in...
- 16 Aug: Seachtain na Gaeilge launched at Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann
An extensive program of events was launched along with the international Caint & Comhrá campaign in Drogheda
A program of Irish language events which will take place this week as part of Fleadh Cheoil na hÉireann ...
- 12 Aug: The Minister for Education and Skills has missed an opportunity to implement a more inclusive system regarding exemptions from learning Irish
News Release | 12 August 2019
Conradh na Gaeilge is calling on the Minister for Education and Skills to develop a policy for the teaching of Irish from pre-school to university without further delay which would deal with the question of ex...
- 19 Jul: Gaeláras Mhic Ardghail: 'Cultural Transformation and Conradh na Gaeilge'
We had an excellent event yesterday in Gaeláras Mhic Ardghail as part of our history and heritage project 'Claochlú Cultúir agus an Conradh. The project is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund in the North and fo...
- 15 Jul: Panel: Celebrating Our Living Languages
News Release | 15th July 2019
Celebrating Our Living Languages and making sure speakers are protected and included in legislation
A panel discussion, organised by Conradh na Gaeilge in London, will take place today, Monday...
- 12 Jul: Event: 'Cultural Transformation and Conradh na Gaeilge'
Conradh na Gaeilge's Event in Gaeláras Mhic Ardghail, Thursday 18th July 2019 at 1pm
Conradh na Gaeilge have organised an event as part of their history and heritage project 'Cultural Transformation and Conradh na Gaeilge.' This p...
- 11 Jul: A crisis in the number of competent Irish language speakers in the State system shown clearly in the Coimisinéir Teanga’s report
Evidence again that the Language Bill, which the Taoiseach promised before the end of the month, needs to be published and enacted without delay
Conradh na Gaeilge is calling on the Taoiseach and the Government to act immediately on the ...
- 08 Jul: An Ghaeilge blossoming in Electric Picnic’s Hazel Wood
Irish language and culture at #CroíNaFéile again this year at Ireland’s biggest music festival
**Registration closed - Capacity reached**
The Irish language will be in full bloom this year at Electric Picnic thanks t...